Impacting the Business Community Through Our Schools When you were in school, didn't you occasionally think: If I were principal for just one day, I would... Now you have that chance! Thomson-McDuffie Chamber of Commerce Principal For A Day project brings community leaders into schools from across the district to:
- Increase awareness among individuals in the private sector of the strengths and challenges in McDuffie County schools;
- Demonstrate the private sector's commitment to ensuring a quality public education for all students; and
- Form ongoing partnerships between individuals/businesses and McDuffie County.
Principal For A Day will be the week of May 15 - 17, 2019.
Who can participate?
Business and civic leaders. Come share your knowledge with school staff while learning more about our public schools, and experience a school day in a McDuffie County school.
How does it work?
Principals For A Day are assigned to schools based on their interests and the desires the schools express. You'll discuss the expectations and the day's agenda with the school's actual principal to guarantee a great experience. On the day of the visit, the Principal For A Day spends time with the principal, faculty, and students, sharing ideas and learning about the schools day-to-day operations.
As a guest principal, you might:
- Observe a class in progress
- Meet with the student council
- Attend student performances
- Read to students
- Address a class assembly
- Participate in a number of other activities.
At the end of the week, all guest principals will convene with the superintendent, principals, and other business leaders to recap their day at Norris Elementary Media Center. This will be on May 17th at 5:30 p.m. They'll discuss their experiences and potential commitments, and make plans for future involvement with their host school.
How is the Principal For A Day assigned?
Principals For A Day are matched with an elementary, middle, or high school based on the participant?s areas of expertise, interests, and the school's needs. For more on how you can become a Principal For A Day, contact Thomson-McDuffie Chamber of Commerce at (706) 597-1000.